Monday, April 26, 2010

jazz baby

I headed off to Bennett's Lane Jazz Club to celebrate my beautiful friend Sam's 25th birthday!

I haven't seen live jazz in a long time so I was pretty excited but ended up being totally shocked (in a really good way) with what I saw. Yvette Johansson. Wow wow wow!

I think this bio sums her up perfectly...

Once Yvette walks onto the stage you are hers for the evening...She lures you into her musical den with a charismatic presence and hypnotising voice.

Her voice is incredible, but I think what made her so fantastic was how she totally owned the stage. Big big tick :)

She's doing a double bill with Mark Scholtez at the Melbourne Jazz Festival. I recommend you go if you are in Melbourne town. BMW Edge - Federation Square - Friday 7 May 9pm

My idee (fixe)s: Frankie Magazine
Wooden brooches
Old Fashioned Decor &
Eating dark chocolate in bed while reading the Cheap Eats Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment