Saturday, May 29, 2010

peko peko

In Japan 'peko peko' is the sound a stomach makes when it's hungry.

Doreen and I did a Japanese restaurant crawl along Smith Street the other night. Before I arrived at 'Peko peko' my stomach was doing a 'peko peko'. Luckily it has a menu to match your appetite. Small, medium and big food! Doreen and I opted for the big food of course. Subsequently our 'peko peko' stopped :)

After 'Peko peko' we went off in search for green tea ice-cream and ended up at Wabi Sabi Salon.
What a gorgeous little restaurant! You'll have to scroll through my pics for confirmation of this. My 2 favourite parts of the night were taking off my shoes to sit in the little secret lovers alcove and going to the toilet...

Smith Street! Home of Japanese food.

Doreen being her fabulous self!

The amazing toilet that had Japanese music pumping and a picture of smoking cats. I needn't explain further why this was a highlight.

Green tea, red bean and black sesame ice-cream

The secret lovers alcove!

No comments:

Post a Comment