Tuesday, September 7, 2010

auction rooms

One flat white, one flat white...or do I hear 2? Will you give me a cappucino with those 2 flat whites? No? Going, going, gone!

I've now been living in North Melbourne for nearly 3 months but haven't done a single review on one of its cafes! North Melbourne is a lovely suburb. Pretty, close to the city, walking distance to Carlton and Royal Park, but I'd been told it was a bit of a dead spot when it comes to restaurants and watering holes. I nearly believed this too until I stumbled upon Auction Rooms!

Auction Rooms, housed in the old WB Ellis auction house in Errol Street probably has one of the best fit outs in Melbourne. Amazing decor, plenty of atmoshpere and full of character.

The breakfast menu (which is amazing) and the great atmosphere make up for the somewhat lacklustre coffee (always a bit of the luke warm side).

Auction Rooms - 103-107 Errol Street North Melbourne. If you don't get a coffee this place gets a big tick :)

Idee fixe(s): Edith Piaf
Dutch cocoa with chai spices
Weather forecasts that say "Sunny - Max of 18"

No comments:

Post a Comment