Sunday, March 13, 2011

grigons & orr

What a great suburb I live in! North Melbourne isn't as busy as Brunswick or as pretentious as St Kilda, has better parking than Fitzroy and has just as many amazing places to go for brekkie!

Grigons & Orr in North Melbourne is the most gorgeous corner-store-cafe.

I love the knitted tea-cosies, the crochet blankets, the doilles, the antique cups & tea spoons, the table water filled with mint, strawberries & cucumber...

I love the old school cakes and sweets on display, big bags of 10c lollies, big boss cigars and spearmint milkshakes...

But most of all I loved apple fritters with toasted hazelnuts, butterscotch sauce and mascarpone dusted in minted sugar!

What's not to love about a nostalgic trip back to a time when milk was bought in bottles and lollies were 1c each!


Grigons & Orr, 445 Queensberry Street North Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment