Sunday, October 30, 2011

penny farthing

Sam and I were pondering where to grab a nice lunch last Saturday. Somewhere we hadn't been before...then I remembered reading countless good reviews about this cafe and with Northcote being cemented as one of my favourite Melbourne suburbs (thanks to Annie who took me there when I first moved down) we decided it was worth the trip!


I decided on the green pea & sage bruschetta topped with a poached egg & tasmanian smoked salmon. It was the perfect choice. Really light and fresh.


Sam had one of the specials - roasted eggplant, field mushrooms, bocconcini & basil with garlic bread. All of my favourite ingredients packed into one dish! I was tossing up between these two, so was pretty happy when I could have a taste of hers...


The coffee was amazing and the service was quick. Big tick for penny farthing!

penny farthing espresso
206 high street, northcote
opening hours
monday - 7.30am - 5.00pm
tuesday - friday - 7.30am - late
saturday & sunday - 8.30am - late

No comments:

Post a Comment