Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sydney food crawl

Over the weekend I've been in Sydney on a most epic foodie adventure.

Dave and I decided to do a 'food crawl' over Sydney in which we hopped from cafe to bakery to butcher to restaurant all weekend (much like a pub crawl).

We started at Reuben Hills in Surry Hills for coffee and shared burrito breakfast
Then to Fratelli Paradiso in Potts Point for to die for prosciutto, buffalo mozzarella plate (and another coffee)
Gelato Messina in Darlinghurst for salted caramel and white chocolate gelati...
Victor Churchhill in Woollahra (the most ridiculous butcher I have ever been to) for duck breast, more prosciutto and the most amazing beef jerky
The Little Marionette in Balmain for more coffee and pastries
Dave's kitchen for home cooked duck breast with raspberry and red wine sauce, cointreau and orange zest soufflé & poached pears in red wine with pistachios, honey and cointreau sauce
Iggy's in Bronte for their famous sour dough bread
Misschu in Bondi for her famous rice paper rolls
Bourke Street Bakery in Surry Hills for fennel and pork sausage rolls and more pastries...
And then back to Reuben Hills for a final coffee!

I am most definitely a few kilos heavier after this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment