I am finally doing a write up on this place after many many cake induced comas have taken place after a visit.
Beatrix is a tiny cafe in North Melbourne that makes everything on site. It specialises in sweet things but also does a mean ciabatta and a good coffee. There are two cibattas on the menu, one meat & one vego, with a different filling every day of the week. They communicate with their customers via facebook to update them on the ever changing menu of sweet treats and what the ciabatta of the day is!
Paul first introduced me to Beatrix after insisting I meet him for a little cupcake called the Elvis (banana buttercake with peanutbutter butter cream with smokey bacon praline). This subsequently led to my 'bacon in everything' addiction. I now understand why the Americans like a bit of salty with their sweet. Anyone who has seen me around a packet of sweet and salty popcorn can attest to this.
So if you are a lover of all things sweet, this cafe is definitely for you.
Beatrix, 688 Queensberry Street North Melbourne.
p.s. Yesterday I had a potato briche doughnut with lemon icing. At least 20 x better than a crispy creme. Just sayin...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment