Saturday, March 20, 2010

a few of my favourite things

Every time I walk past a cafe and hear French music pumping out their speakers, I cringe a little. A little hypocritical perhaps as I listen to French cafe music, Edith Piaf, Bridgitte Bardot and the Amelie soundtrack all the time! Maybe it's just a dislike of people discovering your favourite things. Oh well...

Here is a homage to a few of my favourite (French) things!

Art nouveau/art deco anything!

The little sparrow, Edith Piaf.

The most beautiful bottle of champagne ever created. When/if I ever get married this is the only thing I will be drinking on my wedding day. Then I am going to keep all the bottles and turn them into vases!

Van Gogh and Matisse :) Looking at their paintings always make me very happy. Knowing Van Gogh's story makes me very sad.

Macarons! One word. Yum! Three words. Hard to make!

Miss Pandora. What a style queen! An example of French fashion coming into the 21st century.

Not techically French I know, but I consider him honourary as his partner of many years is French (and a Chanel model)!

No comments:

Post a Comment